Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Barbeque

Next day I tried to dress appropriately. I knew Dr. Ilham wouldn't mind. He never cared about how he would dress himself. But I heard his wife was from upper class. Her dad was a well known writer, a good journalist and a cabinet member all at the same time and I didn't know what were her likes and dislikes. Just wanted to play it safe. I arrived sharp 3 o'clock at their 2 stories Federal Way house. Was kind of mid class neighborhood but was a beautiful house with vaulted ceiling, skylight etc. A nice backyard with apple, pears and cherry tree. A dog the called Reilly. I asked about the kids. Nazifa said they were either at school or college. They had two daughters and one son. The oldest was their daughter who was studying journalism just like grandpa.
Kids are grown up now you know? they have their own activities. We can hardly get them to agree to go camping with us anymore. Dr Ilham said.
Will, thats good I said. You can't force kids to do what you think is fun for them, they know what they are doing I replied.

Barbecue was great. They way Nazifa prepared ground beef before Ilham was putting it in gas grill, she must have followed a secret recipe. Because I have never tasted anything like it I should admit. I didn't even touched the chicken. She said she just has to have chicken with beef because kids are conscious healthy eaters.

After we had more than enough food and I decided to go with minted yogurt drink with a blend of cucumber, I asked Nazifa if she is going to accompany as in trip. She said Oh no, first I hate working vacation and Ilham must be very busy finishing his project, second , the most dangerous wild life I can get is bears threat in Washington state's park and in no mood to go looking for snakes and third I have to be here for kids and take care of my mom at the same time.

Dr. Ilham added to her comments, yes Bibi Jan is getting weak and I kind of worry about her these days.

OK than at least now I know who is going , who is not so lets make plans Dr. Ilham.

We talked for over two hours. About anything and everything. How many laptops we need, ended up deciding with two. with some extra storage drives. Extra batteries, car charger, enough of first aid kits, etc etc. WE decided to buy food and dishes there instead of increasing our luggage. I offered we use my travel agent who had experience for South America.

No comments: